Founded in 1978, Hyndman Area Health Center is a non-profit; Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to providing primary and preventive health and dental care services for the entire family. Offering a fee discount program for those who qualify, the health center also participates in the 340b pharmacy program and offers a prescription assistance program for uninsured and underinsured patients who cannot afford their medications.
In September 2006, the Hyndman Area Health Center opened an office in Bedford, PA helping to extend our goal of providing primary and preventive health care to families in need. In 2012 the Bedford Health Center relocated and expanded to offer dental care.
Hyndman Area Health Center offers some extended office hours and same day or next day appointments for your convenience at both the Hyndman Health Center and the Bedford Health Center for medical and dental services. Please call or just walk in either office for more information and availability.
For more information call 814-842-3206 for the
Hyndman Area Health Center or 814-623-8222 for the Bedford Health Center.
HAHC MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to promote health and wellness, to provide health care for the medically underserved and underinsured, and to provide affordable health care accessible to anyone regardless of race, age, creed, color, national origin, or sexual preference.
Hyndman Area Health Center, through its advocacy on behalf of the medically needy, provides a safety net for people facing financial, social, cultural, and language barriers in obtaining health care—medical, oral health, mental health, prescription assistance and related medical services by continuing to improve services and facilities and growing a financially sound and progressive community health center.
HAHC VISION STATEMENT
To improve the health of our region by providing quality medical and dental care in a comfortable, attractive facility staffed with caring, knowledgeable, qualified personnel in a cost effective manner.
- HAHC community services and health care should be guided by principles that reflect the values of the medically needy and uninsured.
- Health and health care are fundamental to the well-being and security of the American people.
- All Americans should have access to a set of core health care services across the continuum of care that includes wellness and preventive services: medical, dental, and specialty care.
- Hyndman Area Health Center, a non-profit agency serving southern Pennsylvania, believes that all services and community health care should be guided by principles that reflect values of the medically needy and uninsured.
- With federal support, community health centers (FQHC’s) have made a major push this decade to expand dental and medical services, open on-site pharmacies, extend hours to nights and weekends, and accommodate special populations by employing bilingual and culturally trained staff.